- 1 lb Gnocchi
- 2 Whole Lobsters, Claw and Tail Meat Removed
- 1 Shallot, Sliced
- 2 ounces Brandy
- 1 quart Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 bottle Tomato Puree
- 8 stalks Asparagus, Sliced
- 20 Rock Shrimp
- Salt and Pepper
1. In a sauce pot with 1 tablespoon of butter, sautee the shallot and lobster shells over medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
2. Add the brandy and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
3. Pour in the heavy cream and bring it to a simmer.
4. Allow the cream to simmer until it has reduced by half.
5. While the cream is reducing, place the tomato puree in a separate pot and bring it to a boil.
6. The tomato puree should boil until it has reduced by 1/3.
7. Once the puree and cream are reduced, strain the heavy cream into the tomatoes.
8. Add the cut up lobster meat, shrimp and asparagus to the sauce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Taste the sauce for seasoning.
10. Cook the gnocchi in boiling water until they float to the top.
11. Place the gnocchi into the sauce and allow them to simmer for 2-3 more minutes.